Sunday 10 February 2013

2013

I'm certainly glad to see the back of 2012, a most unproductive year as far as training goes. My training diary (stats & geeky stuff tab) highlights just how little training I managed to bank in 2012 more than 5500 KMs short of my 2011 totals between the three disciplines! The biggest part of this coming from bike. Still some positives did come out of the year, particularly a marked improvement in swimming. Anyhow time to move on.

I now have most of my races booked for this year (listed right). With Kona 2014 still in mind I've decided to make the Outlaw my A race this year and hopefully build off the back of that and race a qualifier in 2014 (possibly Bolton) I know my best chance of qualifying would be the other side of the pond, but finances just won't allow that. I've also entered one of the London qualifiers (Deva) and while not an A race this will be my only crack at qualifying for London in September

With the twins still very young and me doing more PT and coaching now, my biggest challenge this year will be managing my time to string together consistent blocks of training, rather than the training itself! Luckily Katie is as supportive as ever, she's still on maternaty leave and will return to work at the end of March, when Lizzi & Isla will also start at nursery. This should free up some more time.

Base (1) starts 11th Feb and I plan to do my usual blocks of 3 weeks i.e. 2 weeks load, 1 week recovery. I've done a couple of weeks trying to adapt to increased frequency and will try to post blocks of training with updates as I go.

Hugs and kisses

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete