Monday 31 October 2011

2012

After a more than sufficient period without structured training and getting a little fat, it's time to get back to business. Although 2011 didn't finish as planned it's certainly given me confidence, as I prepare for another crack at qualifying for the Ironman World Championships. So where and when? Originally I'd planned on heading back to Wales to finish what I started this year but decided against this. September 2012 is a hell of a long way away and I fear with my 'all or nothing' tendancies I'd just be digging myself into a deeper hole as my fitness diminishes and I become slowly more 'squashy' (as Annie puts it) waiting to begin training again. So a race late June / early July would need me to lay down some fitness foundations now in order to begin 'proper training' in the new year. Which is basically; France, Austria or Germany. France - bit lumpy :-/ Austria- done it, so... Germany. This also falls into place quite well with the UK70.3 entry I have, which, along with the London Marathon will form part of my preparation for Germany.
   
To grab a Kona spot in Frankfurt I'm going to have to be in at least the top 12 of probably around 400 athletes in the 30-34 age group. So if you're a M30-34 and bagged yourself an entry to Ironman Germany next year, best you get training, Im not racing for a roll down spot next year! 

As last year I'll blog my way through to the start line in Frankfurt... If you're interested. 

Later potata x  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment