Tuesday 21 August 2012

Drawing a line


I now somehow find myself a father of 3 girls. Elizabeth and Isla arrived safe and well as planned on the 24th July. So now I have another ball to keep in the air (well two actually). For  a number of different reasons the 2012 season has pretty much been a write off for me. Im not going to try and explain what has been going on. I think it's simply best to draw a line and move on.

Qualification for the 2014 Ironman World Championships will now be my primary focus. This means a late Ironman next year or early 2014 This allows me plenty of time to both physically and financially prepare to give me the best chance of getting to the big Island just over 2 yrs from now.


Training goals by end April 2013


4km swim <60mins
Marathon time of 2:4x
Achieve FTP of >4.3w/kg on CP30 test


Short term the goal is to return to consistent training. With this in mind I've set myself some simple training goals for the next 3 weeks. At the end of which I'll do some testing to see where I'm at.


Swim- Av 10k p/w

Bike- 3 rides p/w including one 3hr ride
Run- 4 x p/w including one track session and one 90min endurance run,
Cond- 2 x 20mins core.








No comments:

Post a Comment