Sunday 1 June 2014

W/C 26th May 2014- Recovery


Monday 26th May-

Work and rest day today. 

Tuesday 27th May

Pm- 60min Steady run

Woke up feeling 'groggy' this morning not sure if I might be coming down with something or if it's just being generally run down off the back of the last block of training. I took today off work to spend some time with the family, unfortunately the weather put a bit of a dampener on that :-/ After a family swim, movie and cake making I managed to drag myself out for a steady run along the river. No HRM or watch- just running however I felt, which was better towards the end than when I started. Hoping motivation and weather improves after a good nights sleep.

Wednesday 28th May

Am- Easy swim -Lido
Easy effort 6x400 not looking at clock just cruising each interval, felt quite good. 

Pm- easy turbo 45 min
10mins W/U
35min as 1min @FTP 4mins easy spin 

Original plan was to head out for an easy couple of hours but with the bad weather I decided on a easy but sweaty turbo  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/509234033#



Thursday 29th May

Am- 90min Ramp run

This has probably been one of may favourite regular runs this year. 3 x 30mins on HR 140/150/160 which is basically easy/moderate/tempo. I wouldn't usually do this run in a recovery week but wanted to wake the body up a little as I've been feeling like things have been shutting down a bit since I backed off at the beginning of the week. Feel better for doing this today. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/509398000#

Pm- Lido good form 100's

Shorter swim again today little bit of intensity in the 100's but loads of rest to keep good form, here's the set.. 

400 w/u 
3x(5x100 desc off 1:45) 1min on sets 
400 swim build
100 c/d

Friday 30th May

Another day off today. Didn't do much other than get bike race ready. Service at Cadence Performance in Crystal palace. So this will be my set up for UK70.3 and IMUK #zoomzoom



Saturday 31st May

Easy spin on the bike with race set up this morning which felt great. The sun was out for the first time this week. Feeling a little sluggish though after what has felt like almost a week off training. It was a break that was needed though both mentally and physically. Here's the ride http://connect.garmin.com/activity/510517649#

Sunday 1st June

Am- Lake swim (non w/s)

Nice weather today so decided to take the family to Leybourne lake for a picnic and get a swim in while there. My wetsuit is still away being repaired so I had to go without today. I had planned two laps (1 lap =1330m) I bailed out after just one lap, the water was just too damn cold. I've no idea what the water temperature was but a second lap just wouldn't have been sensible.

Taking advice 

This week I also managed to grab a 30min Skype call with Steve Lumley (http://www.steve-lumley.com/about/) I've worked with steve on and off over the last 10 years. He played a big part in my 2011 Ironman Austria performance and I trust his advice and guidance above anyone else. Steve is very straight talking and there's nothing 'wooly' about the answers and advice he gives. I've now got a very clear strategy and numbers for race day. I'm also very clear as to what needs to be done between now and then and what needs to be avoided. I'll keep the detail to myself for now but heres how my next 8 weeks look

  • 26/5 Recovery
  • 2/6 Build (Inc race sim day)
  • 9/6 Taper & race UK70.3
  • 16/6 Recovery > Build
  • 23/6 Build (Inc race sim day)
  • 30/6 Build
  • 7/7 Build > Taper (10 day)
  • 14/7 Taper & race

No comments:

Post a Comment